Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hey Mum...Where's My Treat? Oh What A Week!

Maui is completely food driven. Don't get me wrong, he loves to play with toys and really enjoys playing tug with me, but food rules in Maui's world! He will even drop his most treasured item, a tennis ball, when food makes an appearance.
In fact, the little guy will actually let you know what he enjoys most by the constant quiver in his underbite when he thinks something really really rocks!


So...what rocks? Well, this list has to start with cheese, cheese and more cheese. Stick cheese, fat free cheese, full fat cheese, he's not choosy when it comes to cheese. Closely followed by hot dogs. Any hot dog as long as it's not reduced fat, as the underbite does not move when this is offered. But hey, he will eat it if that's all that's going. I have offered him roast chicken, roast beef and even rare beef, but cheese and hot dogs are the ultimate for the little guy.


Now, Crate Games is his favorite thing to do with me. Why??? Food of course! In fact he often goes missing in the house and where do I find him? Trying to start Crate Games by sitting in the very back of his crate. I'm sure this is not what Susan Garrett had in mind!


Last Sunday Maui passed his CGC test with my husband handling him. Unbelievable event! My bark-happy, all-American dog now has letters behind his name! What can I say... I'm so proud of him. In the days that followed he was extremely well behaved on his walks. No pulling, no barking and walking around the neighborhood with the confidence of a graduate.
He brought his new found confidence to his agility class this week. I placed him on a long line and he followed and stayed with me for most of the class. However his new found confidence was to be short lived. As our class was coming to an end Maui decided to pay a visit to another dog who was running the course. Whilst I was removing the long line that was tangled around my shoe, I shouted for him to come to me. This feel on deaf ears and within seconds Maui was examining the tonsils and inner dental work of a very large dog. Maui's vocal range reached notes that I had never heard before!  Thankfully Toi Leo's aren't very tasty and Maui was released. Believe it or not... only minutes after his ordeal he ate cheese!
These photos where taken just before the lion became a rabbit!

Maui on the dog walk

Trying to weave!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment