Friday, April 15, 2011

Ruff Love

Poor Maui!
2 weeks and 1 day of Susan Garretts Ruff Love program to the letter.
And why? You may ask!


Maui is without question the best dog that I have ever had. He doesn't steal, chew or jump on anything that he shouldn't. He loves his crate and is very happy to spend endless periods of time there. In fact he is such a good dog that he has never heard the word NO! 
So why is he on the Ruff Love program... To build a better relationship with me.


Maui has learnt that if I am busy he can play with a toy on his own. The toy has become more interesting then me! So has the garden or any other distraction. So when I call him his response is, later lady can't you see I'm busy now!
This behaviour in the family pet is fine but we have a dream!... O.k so I have a dream... AGILITY STARDOM and beyond!


So... Ruff Love! 


Even after 2 weeks... each morning Maui refuses to come out of his crate. As this is when he gets his Gentle Leader put on. " I don't need no gentle leader Lady". BUT unfortunately for Maui he has a weakness for full fat cheese and this is how he begins each day!


I can not believe what a difference this program has made. My food driven dog after just 2 weeks is enjoying tugging with toys, returning toys to me and finding me interesting! 


Thank you Susan Garrett!


We are also currently doing her recallers course. WOW! 
Now if he would only stop reactive barking ... Success would be ours!











No comments:

Post a Comment